Monday 20 January 2014

the purpose of this blog

The purpose of this blog is to indulge my love of the cult TV programs of the past. The show I'll be blogging about will be mostly from the 1960s and 1970s, with occasional forays into the 50s and very very occasional forays into the early 80s.

I will not be posting about more recent series. There are more than enough websites and blogs devoted to the TV of the 90s and beyond. My own personal interest in popular culture pretty much ends with the end of the 70s.

3 comments:

  1. I am fascinated with the work that was done by the British author Victor Canning in TV series from the 1960s, Vurtain of Fear, Breking Point and Contract to Kill for the BBC, and Ratcatchers for ITV. Have these come up on your radar? See http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/wordscape/canning/film.html.

    John H

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me several days working backward to read all your posts. I really enjoyed it, and had no idea that Network had such an incredibly deep catalog of old shows. You've given me ideas for so many things I'd like to buy from Amazon UK!

    --Grant
    https://firebreathingdimetrodon.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and had no idea that Network had such an incredibly deep catalog of old shows.

      They've really done a great job in releasing so much obscure stuff - so many shows I'd never even heard of!

      Delete